Why the teeth are yellow? What if yellowness is “granted” by the nature or appeared suddenly? How to respond to yellow teeth of a child? About the causes of plaque and yellowing teeth we’ll tell you now. Many people believe that a smile necessarily have to be pure white. But ask your dentist a question, what is a normal tone of enamel, and you will hear, perhaps unexpected answer – yellowish! And it is true.
Yellow teeth from nature is a sign of health
In fact, enamel is almost completely transparent. Light yellowish tint is caused by the minerals, reinforcing its structure and provide strength to the teeth. The basic tone of a smile passes the dentine, which is located under the enamel. And cannot be white by nature, since is also filled with minerals. Therefore, yellow enamel by nature says that:
- Your teeth are healthy. You won’t have any problems with them for a long time, because the high level of mineralization helps to better withstand all microorganisms that cause tooth decay.
- The enamel is rich with minerals and, therefore, strong and protects well the internal cavity of the teeth. Conversely, a snow-white, with a touch of haze enamel says that it is sorely lacking minerals, and in the nearest time it’s owner will face the discomfort of sensitive teeth or a sharp tooth decay.
- The structure of the individual teeth, thus eliminating a full match of their colors. That is why people who take care of oral health, arise the question: why are the fangs yellower than other teeth? The fact is that the fangs are stronger than the front teeth, they have the greatest amount of dentin, which creates this type of hue.
So, what to do if you have yellow teeth from nature? Doctors recommend to enjoy your health and not to worry about it. If the yellowing is too obvious, it is necessary to resort to professional dental procedures that will whiten your teeth without damage to the enamel. The doctor will help you choose a suitable methodology. If visiting a dentist for you is too expensive, be sure to download the book “Teeth Whitening 4 You” in PDF (.pdf) format. It represents a unique method of teeth whitening at home.
The causes of plaque
But genetically obvious yellowness is rather an exception from the rule. And to answer to the question why teeth turn yellow, you need to look at your lifestyle. If you are suddenly worried about yellow teeth, the reasons may be as follows:
- Addiction to smoking – cigarettes or shisha. Tobacco smoke, mixed with resins, is the most potent stimulator of yellow plaque. Over time it can become blackish and in the places of contact with the gums turn into stone.
- Lack of hygiene – the most important factor in the development of plaque. Irregular cleaning of the teeth, the use of poor-quality toothbrush is not in your “arsenal” of floss lead to a natural change of tone.
- The presence of dyes in the diet. It is not just about tea and coffee, but also about the form of red, juices (pomegranate, grape), raw vegetables (beets, carrots). It’s better not to avoid these foods, especially tea and coffee, as all of it as well as raw vegetables are very healthy. But after their reception, be sure to rinse your mouth with clean water to prevent the formation of plaque.
- Compliance with strict diets, health experiments – in violation of the normal diet the tooth enamel responds first. Lack of any substances leads to change of its pitch.
As you can see, the causes of plaque in the oral cavity are very different. Therefore, the right decision on how to whiten the yellow teeth can be given only by a dentist.